Monday, December 16, 2013

Lots and Lots of Work


Oi! Family and Friends!

This week has been pretty good, and very tiring. I got to Cassquel on Wednesday, and me and Elder Cafferty got to work. We contacted so much this week, because the people they did have just weren't sitting with us. So we knocked doors a ton, found some cool people. One guy named Mario seems like he could be really cool in the future. But overall we worked hard this week. So my area is pretty much the city, huge area. Sometimes when I'm walking through the city I just feel like I'm walking the streets of Los Angeles. It's a really nice area with tons of people, so there will never be a shortage of work here haha. Also the city has Christmas lights and decorations so its very festive. 


I live in a house with Elder Domingos, Elder Yeanopolis, and Elder Cafferty. Then in another house but in our district is Elder Hanson and Elder Chatwin, so that's our district. The branch is good, from what I've seen already. We pretty much have a lunch or a dinner every day from a member so that's very nice. But overall I'm really liking it here, and I'm excited to work hard here. 

Christmas plans, I still don't know exactly yet, I'll let you know for sure next Monday the whole Skype set up and all. But I'm excited for Christmas and New Years. I got that other package with the presents and the Dr. Pepper so thank you:) 

This week I read an amazing talk from Brad Wilcox on the BYU Speech website. It's about how Christs grace is sufficient for all. It is an amazing talk that truly opened up my eyes to the Atonement in a whole new other way. I challenge everyone to go and find it and study it because it really has helped me out a lot. The Christmas season is amazing, a time where we can truly focus on Christ and the role of him in our lives. I'm so grateful for him, and everything he did, and still does for us. I get to be his special representative for these last 5 to 6 months, and I'm going to treasure that time, to help other people the way Christ would. 

I love you all, I'm so grateful for all of you, and the examples you are. Truly remember why we have Christmas, and remember why we are here. I love you all, and have a great week this week!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment