Monday, October 29, 2012

A New Beginning Again-5 Months Down!


Oi! Family and Friends,


This week has been pretty good for us. So Elder Richter and Elder Tolman switched on Wednesday, and ever since we have been doing work. It really has been going good these last couple of days, we have been really finding, teaching, and the baptizing will surely follow. We set another baptismal date with Alegria, so right now were up to 6 dates which is so exciting for us. Our next baptism is on the 17th of Nov. with Paulinho, and I love that crazy kid, haha he is going to be a part of my life forever no doubt. 


Yeah food is interesting here for sure when you eat at people's houses. But it really is fine and sometimes good. Last night Amandio taught us how to cook this really good chicken and rice, it was so delicious, I wish I could cook or learn how to cook that well, so we will see if that improves with my time here on the mission. 

We also got a new missionary named Elder Whittaker who I just met today, and I met Elder Tilly for the first time as well because he just came up from Lubango. Everyone is really cool. 

Today we played soccer, and basketball in the rain today which was super fun, but I cut up my knee pretty bad but whatever. Then on the way here to do emails, the police pulled us over and took our documents and wanted a bribe to get them back, haha only in Angola. We got our documents without paying so that was good. Oh and the tuna burgers our just these patties of tuna that I buy and fry up to eat. 

Elder Richter has about 8 months left on his mission, so he speaks really good. I really think my language is going to go up during my time with him. Here some things about Elder Richter, he is 6 of 8 kids, he lived in Qatar because his Dad works there, he has traveled alot to different countries, and he went to BYU for a year before the mission. He is really interested in the outdoorsy kind of things like hiking and climbing and such, and he is pretty cool. He really loves it here and is hard worker, so its going to be good being companions with him. 

Halloween really isn't celebrated here, but the branch is having a halloween activity this Saturday so I think we will go to that, but other than that business as usual. I'm glad Dad had a really good bday, and I miss playing golf so much. I hope you guys have kept my beats in good shape for when I get home. I'm also glad all is well with everyone doing all their different things like golf, football, school, trunk or treat, etc. Sounds like everyone is having a good time. 

It's crazy that in this transfer that the elections will be over, it will be December, and I will be past 6 months, or a quarter of my mission, crazy huh? Anyways thats about it for this week, I think this transfer will come and go pretty fast, and that the rest of this year will go by pretty fast, before you know it it will be 2013, crazy. Anyways love you all and I love all the support you have for me out here. Also tell Grandma and Grandpa Brown I got their letter this past week as well. Love you all!!

Tchau,



No comments:

Post a Comment