Monday, August 12, 2013

Good Week


 Oi! Family and Friends,

This week seemed a bit longer than usual, and a little stressful. Well me and Elder Merkely are together and now and things are going good. Like I said he is a little quiet, but I'm going to do my best to help him with whatever he needs, and learn from him too, I already am. The house is still the same, just a switch with Elder Tingey and Elder Merkley. Elder Tingey got switched to Cassquel, which is an area that I want to go too. I may only have one area left in me, which is pretty weird, possible two. And thanks for the boxes Mom and family:) I can't wait to get them:) 

Well anyways our week went by pretty good, knocking doors, teaching lessons, etc. Nothing too out of the blue, except one thing. I don't know why, but alot of lessons or contacts were just frustrating. Pretty much getting in arguments and making me feel like at least, that it's so stupid you believe what you believe. How could you believe something like that? Being preached too that your wrong. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. And it really leads you to question, is this all true? You get down to the main core of your faith and testimony, is it all true? Everyone is telling me, it's wrong, your wrong, Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, wrong. And I've done some soul searching, intense soul searching. And it's true. I know it's true. I watched the full length Joesph Smith Movie last night, and I can't help but shed some tears when I watch it. But if it's all true, why is it so hard? Why is it so hard to believe, and take the Savior´s offer of love and mercy that he is extending through us? 

I love this Elder Holland quote, "Anyone who does any kind of missionary work will have occasion to ask, Why is this so hard? Why doesn’t it go better? Why can’t our success be more rapid? Why aren’t there more people joining the Church? It is the truth. We believe in angels. We trust in miracles. Why don’t people just flock to the font? Why isn’t the only risk in missionary work that of pneumonia from being soaking wet all day and all night in the baptismal font? You will have occasion to ask those questions. I have thought about this a great deal. I offer this as my personal feeling. I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. We are The Church of Jesus Christ, this is the truth, and He is our Great Eternal Head. How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him? It seems to me that missionaries and mission leaders have to spend at least a few moments in Gethsemane. Missionaries and mission leaders have to take at least a step or two toward the summit of Calvary." 

 And that's what it is all about right there, I really need to print that talk out, which I am. But really it's been a kind of hard week, but all is good. All is well, as we are trying our hardest for the Master. Everyones week sounded really good. Of course Ridgely backed the car into the truck, her and backing up into trucks;) But you can't sell the truck, I love that truck so much, don't sell it please. 

I also cant wait for the Football season, ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Can't wait. And Mom your emails aren't boring, I love them:) Also that shirt that Brother Kohler and Kaden were wearing in that pic, I want that shirt, save one for me. It's really weird that a year ago, I was in Viana. Does not seem like a year ago. And Keller learn a Kid Cudi Song on the Uke, and Kaden get a vinyl record of a Kid Cudi song! Haha I love you guys and miss you so much. Little by little the mission is going by, and before you know it, it's gone. Weird, don't want to think about it. Well I love you guys! Know I'm healthy and well and just trying to do my best:) Have a great week:)

Love,





No comments:

Post a Comment