Monday, August 5, 2013

1 Year in Angola!


Oi Family and Friends!

Well it's official, I hit a year here in Angola. Kind of weird that a year ago I was in Viana in my first transfer wth Elder Tolman. Time Flies! Well transfer wise I'm staying in Benfica with Elder Merkeley. He is kind of a newer missionary from Colorado, he has been here for 3 transfers. Should be pretty interesting, he is quieter than me so it will be interesting how things shake out this transfer. But yeah that's the big news. 


This past week went by pretty slow actually, usually all last week of a transfer does that. We had a pretty good Zone Conference this last Wednesday that was done way good by President and Sister Merrill. We also had this awesome lesson with Danilson´s family with a member here talking about marriage, because they need to get married. I love all of them so much, and I'm really excited to keep working with them this coming transfer. 

Saturday was so much fun. Early in the morning we went and did a service project of painting this investigator's house named Rita. It was pretty fun, and I love her kids that live there, good way to start off the day. Then we had a lesson out pretty far that we had to hurry to, and we got a free ride in the back of a pick up by this really cool Portuguese guy. Taught our lesson, went really well, and then we were off to the chapel to help set up for this activity that celebrated the African woman. Like usual, the Angolan way, it started later than it should have, but it was so much fun. I got so many cool pics and videos that will be fun to show. It was the African culture that I finally got to see out here, so so cool. 

We then after ate at this turkish restaurant that was so so good. It was a good Saturday, which we don't usually have that often. Sunday was really good, a really good Fast and Testimony meeting, one of the best I have seen out here. 

Earlier today we went out to this way far place called Miradouro da Lua which was pretty cool, quite an adventure getting out there and getting back, but were back safe and sound. Oh and also we have had some pretty interesting door knocking that has been going on, just some funny stuff with dogs or African women who want to get you off their porch as quickly and nicely as possible. Haha funny stuff. 

But also I don't know why but I have seen some traumatic stuff out here, that's kind of messed with me a bit. I don't want to write out the things I've seen, but life isn't fair. We would live in such a depressing world if we didn't have the Atonement of Jesus Christ. While life may appear not fair to us now, we know and have the faith that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, everything that was unfair and wrong will be corrected and recompensed. That's helped me out a bit. 

It's good that Mom and Ridge and Dad had a good trip out in Europe, and that the boys didn't kill each other. So weird that BYU football starts back up this month, and I can't wait. Pictures are taking real slow, so you will only be getting a couple, sorry. All in all, its going to be weird having a new companion again. Been with Elder Tingey for 4 months and it's going to be weird to be split up, but just gotta keep going and going until the end. Love you guys! Looking forword to the Box:)

Tchau,

No comments:

Post a Comment