Monday, March 18, 2013

I Don't Even Know What to Call This

(I make Keegan come up with the title for the posts and that's about how creative he was this week)

Oi! Family and Friends,

This week was pretty good for me and Elder Davis. We set a new baptismal date this week, with Sergio. It was really cool, and I don't think he fully understood the impact for setting a date, but he soon will, I know it. So that pumped me and Elder Davis up this week. We also had this cool lesson with this 17 year old boy named Malu. Pretty much he wants to join our church, haha it was kind of awesome, and took us off guard a little bit. But it was super cool. We also had this lesson with Kevin, an investigator who has been an investigator forever, and looks like it will continue. Me and Elder Davis gave this super inspired lesson that was super good, talking about action and faith. I know he felt the spirit, he just won't act which is sad. 

Lately weve been running into and teaching some weird evangelicals. Like on Saturday, sat down with Jose, weird guy. At the end we asked him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. He said ok, and then said it right there in a weird prayer. Me and Elder Davis just looked at each other and just bowed our heads. Haha weird. Just some weird people weve been meeting. 

Oh yesterday I had a cashew fruit for the first time, it was super good and juicy. I still need to try this other type of it, but it's an interesting texture to it. I love it out here, I love the Branch, the members, the missionaries, the people. 

Today, we said buy to the Violin's, because they leave tomorrow. The Violin's were the first people to welcome us here to Angola and gave us training and interviews, 8 months ago. Wow. It was sad to say goodbye to them, I love them, and I didn't even get to know them too well, because they were in Lubango most of the time. It's gonna be wierd these next couple of months with 12 missionaries leaving and the Thompsons, and starting a mission, ahhh. So weird. But time keeps on going. 

Yeah Mom you got it, those are the people living there now. Hope Ridgely had a good time at Mormal, almost done with high school. Keller and Kaden surviving. And I'm surviving myself. Also btw packages aren't banned. There has yet to be anything official. So anyone can still send packages. And I will do that with that BoM, for sure. So when exactly am I getting these things from Sis Freeman? When does she come back? Well I think that's pretty much it. I love you all, and have a great week. Good Luck to Hayden entering into the MTC this Wednesday, the beginning of an adventure of a lifetime. Well love you all!!

My testimony couldnt be ever better than it is now, and I'm working hard. It's hard, being away from you guys, this week was little more difficult than others missing my family. But I'm working hard and trying to serve and love and bless this people. You two are the greatest parents in the world, and I love you and miss you soooooo much. I can't wait to talk to you guys in May. Just keep supporting me and praying for me, I really need it. Love you Mom and Dad!

Tchau,

No comments:

Post a Comment